Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kamikaze mode is where it's at



Have you ever heard of "Write Or Die?" This is an amazing tool! Michelle Rowen posted it today and I gave it a try. There are two versions: the free, Web one, and the $10 desktop one. I tried the free version out. You select a word count goal and a time limit, then select how harsh you want the software to be at bugging you to stay on track.

It worked so well for me! I set it to kamikaze mode and if I paused for more than a second or two, the screen began to flash red until I started typing again. How cool is that? It helped to keep me going. I may have to try a longer time limit tomorrow, maybe to see if I can hit my word count goal for NaNoWriMo in a half an hour.

I am already several days behind, I need something to help me catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment