Friday, November 13, 2009

I love my friends

I have talked a bit about already hitting a wall of sorts with this manuscript. The alarming bit has been how early in my normal process this wall arrived. But, thank goodness for fabulous friends! One of my dear friends, the amazing and fabulous Elisabeth Naughton, grabbed a battering ram and broke down that wall. I <3 her!

She just asked a simple question: "what if..." and BAM! My wheels began turning again and she thought of a whole different angle I could take with the story that ups and adds to the conflict. Thinking of the conflict to push each scene forward and develop the story was where I hit a wall - trying to be more character focused with it. I think this idea will help, I still have the struggle of trying to drive each scene (and think of them), but overall the basis of the conflict will be much stronger.

Thank you, Eli!!!!! <3

2 comments:

  1. Aw, you're welcome. You've helped me more times than I can count. I'm happy to be able to return at least a part of the favor!

    And I <3 you too!!!!

    ReplyDelete